Tuesday, July 23, 2013

And then... we went to Canada.

Hello again! We're in the final stretch, and it definitely feels like the last week. Eyes are drooping, backpacks are heavier, minds are overflowing... but the Spirit is propelling us forward, one way or another!

I figure I better take some time to briefly catch up on past events...

A week and a half ago, I went to Detroit with my friends Julie and Gene to take in a Tigers baseball game. We had a fantastic time! Justin Verlander almost pitched a no-hitter! Nevertheless, the Tigers came out with a win, and we enjoyed cheering them on!

After the game, we went to nearby Greek Town for a bite to eat. (We found the most authentic-looking Greek restaurant, and everyone ordered something that came in a pita.) And then... we went to Canada. Believe it or not, all that separates Detroit, Michigan, from Windsor, Canada, is a river. So we went over the bridge, and I had my first international experience!

After a slightly frightening encounter with the Canadian border patrol (they're just very vigilant, which is probably good), we made sure to put first things first... and stopped for donuts at Tim Horton's. I had some TimBits (donut holes) and an iced coffee, and it was fantastic! Gene swears that the donuts are fresher and better in Canada, and I was inclined to agree with him. 

We walked around town for a bit, taking in the Canadian air. Here's a picture overlooking the river, with the Detroit skyline in the background:

We were only in Canada for a couple of hours, but it was SO much fun! Thanks, Gene and Julie, for taking me on this adventure! I feel very blessed to have met some great friends here at Notre Dame!

No comments:

Post a Comment