Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 5th of July!

I hope you all enjoyed the 4th of July holiday! I celebrated by... writing a paper! Classes were canceled yesterday for the holiday, but most of the students in my class planned to work on our final papers. So our professor offered to throw us a "paper-writing party." She opened up the building, brought biblical resources for us to use, and provided food and drinks. It was a fun time. Maybe not overly productive, but fun!

It's hard to believe that our first module is almost over. Just a couple more days of New Testament class! The time has been going quickly, but the days have been very full. 

A couple more pictures of you to illustrate the past few days... Here's a gorgeous view of "the Dome" and the basilica from across the lake. There are a couple of lakes on campus, and I like to go running around them in the mornings. This picture doesn't exactly do it justice:

  
Last weekend, I discovered the best Chinese restaurant in Mishawaka: Taste of Asia. They have the best (and cheapest and most generously portioned) Szechwan Vegetables with rice I have ever had. I savored it while watching an episode of the Big Bang Theory, and it was the best study break ever.


Finally, I can't even believe I'm saying this, but I kind of love the Walmart here. First of all, cereal is CHEAP. And they have this interesting new Post variety (shown below). That GIANT box of cereal cost $3 and it's delicious. I hope it's a trend that will reach Kansas soon. Second, they sell Biscoff spread. My friend Julie introduced us all to this treat, which she refers to as "Joy in a Jar." Kansas friends and family, please be on the look-out for this product. If you ever see it (preferably the crunchy variety) in the peanut butter aisle at a local store, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! (Otherwise, I might need to buy it in bulk before heading back.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment