Sunday, July 15, 2012

SUN-Day

Hello all! I'm definitely playing catch-up, as usual. I'll post a little bit about last weekend, and then I'll fill you in on this weekend's adventures in Chicago with Marinda soon!

We wrapped up our first module last Friday (July 6). It's hard to believe that we are now over halfway done! Last weekend we were able to catch our breath a little bit before the next round of classes started. On Saturday evening, Julie, Jenna and I went to a local Irish Pub for dinner. We were told they are the most authentic Irish Pub you can go to short of crossing the Atlantic, and we were not disappointed! Our fish and chips arrived wrapped in newspaper:


(We were so excited to dig in that we didn't even think about taking a picture until it was nearly devoured. Sorry!)

The best part of the evening was the live Irish music. The band was incredible! I haven't actually watched this video I took yet, but hopefully it works, and hopefully you can get a sense of what the atmosphere was like.


On Sunday, the three of us decided to go to the beach. We were going to try for a longer trip to one of the beaches along Lake Michigan, but in the end, we chose to save that for another time. Instead, we went to St. Joseph's Beach here on campus. It started out kind of cloudy, and I made the EPIC mistake of not wearing proper sunscreen. This was a major whoops that culminated in not one but two trips to Walmart to buy a vast assortment of sunburn relief supplies. So once I'm back in Kansas, please see me for all your after-sun skincare needs prior to buying them yourself.

We're off and running again! So far, so good! But busy! I'll be back with more from this weekend's adventure soon. Have a terrific week!

No comments:

Post a Comment