Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Irish Mint/ Chocolate Swirl Frozen Yogurt? Yes, Please.

With the first day of classes under my belt, I can definitely say that this will be as intense of a summer as I had imagined, but hopefully challenging in a good way. 

I prayed that God would send us a new friend so I wouldn't feel so isolated, and He did! I met a girl who is in both of my classes and is here with the Catholic Extension program as well, and I am thankful to have her as a study buddy and a new-new friend in addition to the new friend I have found in Jenna these past few weeks.

I am loving our Foundations of Theology class. The professor is very passionate and very engaging, and throughout the entire class, we will be focusing on God's mercy and how it pertains to our study of Theology. Very cool.

My Intro to New Testament feels like anything but an intro. We're covering a gospel a day (as the world's slowest reader, this will be challenging, but hopefully doable). The professor is amazing! Her name is Dr. Candida Moss - you should check her out. She was recently part of a National Geographic documentary about the finding of St. John the Baptist's bones and apparently loves to talk about morbid stuff like bones and martyrs. Also very cool. 

I just got back from lunch. Irish Mint/ Chocolate Swirl Frozen Yogurt is indeed as good as it sounds. I'm a little worried about the grad student 15 I might gain while I'm here, but then again, they have an amazing salad bar! (Definitely thought of you, Lacy!) Hopefully they will balance each other out. Or at the very least, the long hikes across campus will help me burn some calories, too. Wish I was on the family wellness plan like all you O'Halloran's so I could be tracking my steps! Might have to get my own pedometer.

Well, it's time to read! (Jenna, Julie, and I were discussing our schedules at lunch, and I think for the next 7 weeks, my day will center around eating, sleeping, going to class, and primarily READING.) 


Hope you're all doing well! Miss you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment