Sunday, June 17, 2012

"Have no fear"

This morning's Quiet Moment

Have no dread or fear… the LORD, your God, carried you, as a man carries his child, all along your journey. -Deuteronomy 1:29, 31

Today we went to Mass at the Basilica here on campus. It's a beautiful church - almost overwhelming. I must admit, I felt a tinge of homesickness for St. Isidore's and the choir. Afterwards, Jenna and I ate a quick lunch at one of the restaurants on campus, then headed back to the dorms. This afternoon I went for a run around campus. As I jogged past the football practice fields, I caught a few glimpses of pristine, bright green AstroTurf. Kinda felt like Dorothy in the Emerald City. It was one of those moments where, like Marinda's dad had said, I almost needed to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't a dream. This place is definitely real! Then I made a pit-stop at the book store, where I might need to return one of these days to buy some Notre Dame garb. I've always wanted a Fightin' Irish t-shirt or baseball cap. It was a beautiful day for a run, and I feel a little more accustomed to the campus.

We decided to celebrate our last evening of freedom before the busyness of school sets in, so we went out to the Olive Garden for dinner. (Very unique, I know.) 

And now, my book bag is packed, my schedule is printed, my map is labeled, and hopefully this girl is ready for classes! I think this is going to be my motto for the summer:

"Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you." -St. Augustine

2 comments: