Saturday, June 16, 2012

Where to Begin?

Let me start by saying that the title of this blog will probably have nothing to do with the majority of the content - I was stretching for creativity. Who knows? Maybe some of my posts will be written about lunch in the Hogwarts-esque South Dining Hall, or maybe they will be written frantically during the few moments of free time I find during lunch... Regardless, I thought I would follow my comrade Jenna's lead and start a blog about our adventures here at the University of Notre Dame. So here goes!

After about 11.5 hours on the road spread out over a day and a half, we made it to South Bend! (There was an iffy situation on the Illinois interstate where we apparently missed a toll and became law-evading "fugitives" as Jenna says, and my GPS seems to enjoy fabricating the locations of certain fast food establishments, leading us on some wild goose chases, but otherwise a pretty smooth trip!)

Welcome to Notre Dame!

We relived our Freshman glory days as we lugged all our stuff in and got situated in our dorm rooms. I felt a little more at home when the rector, Sr. Cindy, came through the first floor lobby with her dog - I definitely miss mine already! A Target run seemed pretty urgent, so we checked out a little more of the town, then shopped around for some random items. One random item that I'm pretty excited about: a mini-mini fridge

I think it'll pay for itself this summer by keeping me supplied with ice-cold Diet Coke 24/7. After Target, Jenna introduced me to Culver's, where I had my first butter burger and concrete blend. Delicious! Wish they had these closer to home. We decided it's a cross between Freddy's and Braum's. 

Now we're just chilling in Jenna's dorm room (where I will likely be spending lots of my spare time - not only is she great company, but she's also got a TV!). We did a quick tour of campus earlier, and we're excited to go to Mass at the Basilica in the morning.

Let the adventure begin! :)

2 comments:

  1. We're out on the balcony,watching the boys "hunt" ground squirrls, chipmunks, spot deer & elk... hoping anyway. LOVE the blog. brought it up so your folks and k & the boys could see it, too. Love you, Meem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the first week of class! Those Illinois toll roads can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete