Thursday, June 21, 2012

Venti/Venti

Fun fact for the day: Have you ever wondered about the names of Starbuck's drink sizes? Of course you have, right? Silly question. :) Well, here's a lesson on Starbuck's drink sizes for you! (And a brief respite from reading the Acts of the Apostles for me... It's a great book, but I'm reaching the end, and it's just got its own fair share of confusing names! I just cannot for the life of me at this point keep track of where and with whom Paul is going. So I am taking a break from confusing names to write about other confusing names. Very sensible.) Anyway, I'm going to keep it brief, but if you're looking for something to do, just Google this issue and you'll gather plenty of reading material. 

So, when you find yourself at the Starbuck's counter for the, say, 3rd time this week (so far), here are your choices (we're talking size alone here - not even what type of beverage you conjure up!):

Tall (12 oz.)  - Basically their version of small
Grande (16 oz.) - In Italian, translates to large
Venti (24 oz.) - Means 20 (I guess we're rounding down here?)
Trenta (31 oz.) - You guessed it: 30 in Italian

There you have it. I personally employed the assistance of a venti iced coffee with skim milk yesterday to propel me through hours of reading. And it worked!

What's the topic for our next installment of Starbucks 101? How many total beverage choices (flavors/combinations/types/sizes) are there? Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment